Sunday, June 26, 2011

Aloha Hawai`i, Good-bye San Fran, Kia Ora New Zealand!

Hawaii - 7:46 A.M., San Francisco - 10:46 A.M., New Zealand - 5:46 AM (Monday, June 27)

Good Morning!

I am currently in San Francisco, CA, where the sun is shining, shining, shining.  Yesterday afternoon I left my home, family, friends, and other loved ones for this incredible journey.  Unfortunately, although the adventure has just begun, my travels have been ridden with a few complications.  I remain, however, in very good spirits!

The most difficult part about this journey thus far hasn't been the many trials I have encountered.  It was actually the action of saying "goodbye" (or "see you later", rather) to the loved ones I am so blessed to have in my life.  I was an emotional mess with tears and all.  I think it was a mixture of the emotions I've been feeling with the need to say farewell to loved ones I have only spent two weeks with.  However, I know my time abroad will be an amazing experience I will treasure forever.  So, I will keep all of you close to my heart, and feel your spirits close to mine throughout this journey.

Other than my difficulties in saying goodbye, I also came across the following: a 2.5 hour flight delay which resulted in getting on, off, then back on the plane; a sprint across the airport terminal to get food with +20 lbs worth of carry-on bags; and a taxi driver who passed my hotel (but swore upon arrival to the hotel that he knew, in his heart, where the hotel was).  It was nice to finally have down-time last night in a large bed with a large TV, in a large and quiet hotel room... However, I will admit that I already miss the madness that is my home.  Life is nothing without loved ones.

Today, I will be leaving the hotel, spending time with my Dobroff Ohana, and hopefully meet several of the people I will be in New Zealand with.  Oh, and I'll be in the air for approximately 12 hours.  

Thanks for following me.  I promise to post real pictures soon:)

2 comments:

  1. Laur, sounds like you're off to smooth sailing lol. But you know that all the hardship is only going to make the final pay-off all the more worth it. Have a safe flight to NZ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had been there to see that sprint for food. Erin says those taxi drivers do that on purpose to run up the meter. D:< I miss you deeply (already), sunshine. Started a blogspot just to follow you. <3 Can't wait for picture updates. Be safe and be good. Love you. -C

    ReplyDelete